CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WCHS/WVAH) — West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice announced Thursday he has signed a budget bill.
Justice announced he signed House Bill 2020, the $4.636 billion budget bill for fiscal year 2020.
The bill passed the West Virginia legislature and was sent to Justice's desk on March 8.
A news conference is set to be held on Friday when Secretary of Revenue Dave Hardy will discuss the budget.
Justice also announced that he signed 10 supplemental appropriation bills:
- SB 424 - Supplemental appropriation to Civil Contingent Fund
- SB 435 - Supplemental appropriation to State Department of Education and Vocational Division
- SB 677 - Supplemental appropriation to Division of Health and Division of Human Services
- SB 678 - Supplemental appropriation from State Excess Lottery Revenue Fund to Office of Technology
- SB 679 - Supplemental appropriation to Division of Finance
- SB 680 - Supplemental appropriations to various divisions in DMAPS
- SB 681 - Supplemental appropriation from Lottery Net Profits to Educational Broadcasting Authority
- HB 2665 - Supplemental appropriation for PEIA Rainy Day Fee
- HB 2667 - Supplemental appropriation to the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, Division of Corrections
- HB 3135 - Expiring funds to the balance of the Department of Commerce, Development Office
The only changes made to those bills were four line-item vetoes.
Justice also vetoed one supplemental appropriations bill:
- HB 3148 - Making a supplementary appropriation to the Department of Health and Human Resources, Division of Human Services