Eyewitness News Mail-in Official Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WCHS-TV/Fox11 viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV (collectively, the "Stations") Dairy Queen, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How To Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b) To enter, mail your name, address, phone number, and birth date on a post card to WCHS-TV/Fox11 DQ Birthdays, 1301 Piedmont Road, Charleston, WV 25301. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on March 12, 2012, and all entries must be received by Station by 5:00 p.m. EDT on April 20, 2012. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or for printing errors.
(d) Twelve (12) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twelve (12) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one (1) Twenty Dollar ($20.00) Dairy Queen Gift Card.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within __ days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 10 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WCHS-TV 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 and on the Station's website at www.wchstv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WCHS-TV, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 with your request for the winners by May 31, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., and Dairy Queen accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.