SCHOOL BUILDING BOND Multimillion Dollar Lincoln County School Building Bond Up For Vote Saturday
Reported by: Jeff Morris
Web Producer: Jeff Morris
Reported: Feb. 22, 2013 10:14 AM EST
Updated: Feb. 22, 2013 12:39 PM EST
EYEWITNESS ONLINE WEBCAST VIDEO C L I C K T O P L A Y
, Lincoln County
, West Virginia
Lincoln County voters will go to the polls Saturday to vote on a multimillion dollar school building bond.
County Assessor Joshua Brumfield said if the project is approved, the West Virginia School Building Authority has pledged $17 million for the project, making Lincoln County citizens responsible for $24 million of the total cost over a 15-year period.
Brumfield said projects included in the school building bond include:
* New Midway-Duval Elementary School at Sumerco (grades pre-kindergarten through fifth).
* New Guyan Middle School (grades sixth through eighth).
* West Hamlin Elementary additions.
* Lincoln County High School athletic facilities.
* Harts pre-kindergarten through eighth school additions.