EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSWV HOSPITALS HONORED
from Eyewitness News Online
Hospitals Recognized For Support Of Organ, Tissue, Cornea Donations
Reported by: Jeff Morris
Web Producer: Jeff Morris
Reported: Oct. 24, 2012 3:09 PM EDT
Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia
Nineteen West Virginia-based hospitals, including Charleston Area Medical Center and Thomas Memorial Hospital in South Charleston, have been recognized for supporting organ, tissue and cornea donations.
The Center for Organ Recovery and Education, a federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organization serving Pennsylvania, West Virginia and parts of New York, recently recognized the hospitals with the West Virginia Governor’s Award for Life 2012, according to a news release from the organization.
The award recognizes area hospitals that have been successful in supporting organ, tissue and cornea donation within their own health care facilities and have achieved increased donation rates as a result.
Hospitals recognized were:
• Bluefield Regional Medical Center (Bluefield)
• CAMC General Hospital (Charleston)
• CAMC Memorial Hospital (Charleston)
• CAMC Teays Valley Hospital (Hurricane)
• CAMC Women’s and Children’s Hospital (Charleston)
• Davis Memorial Hospital (Elkins)
• Grafton City Hospital (Grafton)
• Logan Regional Medical Center (Logan)
• Mon General Hospital (Morgantown)
• Ohio Valley Medical Center (Wheeling)
• Pleasant Valley Hospital (Point Pleasant)
• Princeton Community Hospital (Princeton)
• Raleigh General Hospital (Beckley)
• St. Joseph’s Hospital (Buckhannon)
• Thomas Memorial Hospital (South Charleston)
• United Hospital Center (Bridgeport)
• Weirton Medical Center (Weirton)
• Wheeling Hospital (Wheeling)
• WVU Hospitals (Morgantown)
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
2012 NEWS: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Home | Eyewitness News Newsroom | Storm Team Weather | Eyewitness Sports | Schedules
Send email to email@example.com for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2013, WCHS-TV8. Portions are
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.