EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSKICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN
from Eyewitness News Online
Local Food Market "Ramped Up" For Fundraising Campaign
Reported by: Darrah Wilcox
Web Producer: Jeff Morris
Reported: Oct. 11, 2012 5:04 PM EDT
Updated: Oct. 12, 2012 12:01 PM EDT
Huntington , Cabell County , West Virginia
Huntington's local food market is getting ramped up for the final push in its fundraising campaign.
The Wild Ramp has a week left in a Kickstarter campaign sponsored by Amazon.com. It's a way for small businesses and projects to raise money they need by getting the community involved. The Wild Ramp is looking to raise $11,500 by Oct. 18. So far, it is less than $2,000 away from the goal, but if the total isn't met by next week, none of the backers' donations will count.
It's an all-or-nothing effort, and there are several ways to help. To donate online, go to: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wildramp/ramp-up-the-wild-ramp-a-local-food-market
You also can stop in the Wild Ramp on the lower level of shops at Heritage Station in Huntington. At 9 a.m. Saturday, Studio 8 on Eighth Avenue in Huntington will sponsor a free community yoga class, with donations being accepted for the campaign.
The Wild Ramp has been open since mid-summer and offers local products, including fruits, veggies, herbs, meats, honey, jams, jellies, milk, eggs, cheese, ice cream, breads, cookies, yarn. Producers keep 90 percent of the profit made and the other 10 percent goes to overhead at the shop, including paying bills and taxes. All workers are volunteers. Here's a breakdown of where the money would be spent there:
- $300 - for a laminating machine and supplies (for in-store signage).
- $1,600 - for a commercial grade produce scale.
- $3,000 - for a commercial grade refrigeration unit.
- $1,000 - for up-cycled materials to create produce carts (labor donated).
- $1000 - for up-cycled materials to create a new checkout counter (labor donated).
- $2,100 - for The Wild Ramp exterior signage, window signage and cooler signage.
- $500 - for folding tables.
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
2012 NEWS: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Home | Eyewitness News Newsroom | Storm Team Weather | Eyewitness Sports | Schedules
Send email to email@example.com for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2013, WCHS-TV8. Portions are
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.