EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSRETAIL MEANS VOTES
from Eyewitness News Online
West Virginia Retailers Association Launches Get-Out-Vote Initiative
Reported by: Jeff Morris
Web Producer: Jeff Morris
Reported: Oct. 4, 2012 5:53 PM EDT
Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia
The West Virginia Retailers Association in collaboration with the National Retail Federation has launched a new grassroots, get-out-the-vote initiative called “Retail Means Votes.”
The new, non-partisan voter resource is dedicated to educating and engaging America’s retail industry, and designed to encourage West Virginia retailers’ active participation in the elections, according to a news release from the association.
“WVRA understands the importance of having educated voters and recognized the NRF initiative “Retail Means Votes” for the value it presents our members,” said Bridget Lambert, President of West Virginia Retailers Association.
The “Retail Means Votes” website – www.RetailMeansJobs.com/election – will include a suite of voter tools and resources, including:
• Candidate biographies, links to campaign websites, the latest in election-related news, and information on how to register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, or locate a polling site.
• Non-partisan voter guides that compare presidential and U.S. Senate candidates’ positions on six retail priorities — health care, labor, sales tax fairness, swipe fees, tax reform, and trade.
• A dedicated webpage comparing and contrasting West Virginia’s U.S. Senate candidates.
• Key vote tallies and suggested questions that retailers and employees can pose to candidates during debates, town hall meetings, tele-town hall meetings, and other events on the campaign trail.
• Links to detailed information on the retail industry’s economic impact on West Virginia.
The new voter resource can be accessed at: www.RetailMeansJobs.com/election.
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
2012 NEWS: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Home | Eyewitness News Newsroom | Storm Team Weather | Eyewitness Sports | Schedules
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2013, WCHS-TV8. Portions are
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.