EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSFAMILY ESCAPES FIRE
from Eyewitness News Online
Family Credits Dog With Saving Them From House Fire
Reported by: Darrah Wilcox
Web Producer: Michelle Carroll
Also Contributing: Bethany Simmons
Reported: Apr. 17, 2012 5:23 AM EDT
Updated: Apr. 18, 2012 4:49 AM EDT
Huntington , Cabell County , West Virginia
A Huntington family is counting their blessings after making it out of their burning home safely early Tuesday morning.
The family credits a dog named "Ghost" for saving their lives. The fire started at a home on Jefferson Avenue about 5am Tuesday. One woman and two children live here, but the woman's boyfriend and his dog "Ghost" happened to be staying the night.
Danna Smith tells Eyewitness News that they were woken up by excessive barking and growling from the dog and that's when they smelled the smoke and saw the flames. Smith says the room where the fire reportedly started is her son's room, but he isn't currently staying with her, but at a center for autism.
The family was told the fire is most likely caused by faulty wiring.
Firefighters are on the scene of a working house fire on Jefferson Avenue and 18th Street in Huntington.
The call came in around 5am Tuesday.
Dispatchers tell Eyewitness News that everyone in the home got out safely.
We will get you the latest information on this as it becomes available.
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
2012 NEWS: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Home | Eyewitness News Newsroom | Storm Team Weather | Eyewitness Sports | Schedules
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2013, WCHS-TV8. Portions are
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.