REQUIRING CO DETECTORS Carbon Monoxide Monitors On The House Agenda
Reported by: Kennie Bass
Videographer: Matt Durrett
Web Producer: Kennie Bass
Reported: Feb. 7, 2012 6:05 PM EST
EYEWITNESS ONLINE WEBCAST VIDEO C L I C K T O P L A Y
, Kanawha County
, West Virginia
A carbon monoxide leak which killed a Rhode Island man and sent more than a dozen people to the hospital has prompted a quick response.
Lawmakers are debating requiring carbon monoxide detectors for a number of places, including apartments, dorms, bed and breakfasts, condomininums, rooms for rent and cabins.
A committee made up of emergency responders, disaster officials and health care professionals are reviewing the document. They want to add language specifying hotels and motels, daycares, long term health care facilities and the living quarters of emergency workers also have the CO detectors.
The carbon monoxide accident's tragic result has been quick action on a number of fronts to try and avoid another occurrence. But first responders say while a hotel incident spurred the response...a carbon monoxide leak is much more likely to happen in your home.
Dalai Lama begins visit to Louisville May 19, 2013 5:48 PM EDT The Dalai Lama spoke to about 15,000 people at the KFC Yum Center as the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhists began his visit to Louisville.