EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSALIAYAH LUNSFORD
from Eyewitness News Online
Authorities Searching For Aliayah Lunsford's Biological Father
Reported by: Leslie Rubin
Web Producer: Leslie Rubin
Reported: Jan. 11, 2012 5:48 PM EST
Updated: Jan. 11, 2012 5:59 PM EST
Weston , Lewis County , West Virginia
According to a legal ad posted in the Weston Democrat, authorities are trying to find missing 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford's biological father.
The Lewis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office posted the ad notifying her father that it has filed a petition staying that Aliayah is allegedly an abused and neglected child.
Her mother, Lena Lunsford, initially told 911 dispatchers in her call to report Aliayah missing on September 24, 2011 that her father was a man named Eric Harris, but he didn't know Aliayah existed.
Sources say a DNA test cleared Harris of being Aliayah's biological father.
A hearing has been scheduled for February 13 at 11:45 a.m. in Lewis County Circuit Court.
Below is a copy of the legal ad taken off the www.westondemocrat.com website.
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF LEWIS COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA
IN RE: A.P.L., Infant alleged to be abused and neglected
DATE OF BIRTH: 07/29/08
BIRTH MOTHER: Lena L.
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mason County, West Virginia
CASE NO. 11-JA-11
TO: ANY AND ALL WHO CLAIM PARENTAL AND/OR CUSTODIAL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE CHILD A.P.L.
YOU, AND EACH OF YOU, ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT:
1. A petition has been filed in the above styled action alleging that the said child is an abused and neglected child pursuant to Chapter 49, Article 1, Section 3, of the West Virginia Code, as amended; seeking the placement of the child in the permanent custody of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and the termination of parental and custodial rights.
2. The child has a right to counsel at every stage of the proceedings.
3. You, and each of you, have a right to counsel at every stage of the proceedings. If you are unable to afford to pay for your own counsel, the Court will appoint a competent attorney to represent you and protect your interests.
4. Proceedings under this Petition can result in the permanent termination of your parental and/or custodial rights.
5. YOU, AND EACH OF YOU, ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT A HEARING UPON THE PETITION IN THE ABOVE STYLED ACTION IS SCHEDULED IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF LEWIS COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA, ON THE 13TH DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2012, AT 11:45 A.M. IN THE CIRCUIT COURTROOM OF THE LEWIS COUNTY COURTHOUSE, SITUATED AT 110 CENTER AVENUE, IN THE CITY OF WESTON, LEWIS COUNTY, EST VIRGINIA, AT WHICH TIME AND PLACE YOU MAY APPEAR AND SHOW CAUSE AGAINST THE SAME IF YOU SO DESIRE.
6. A Copy of the Petition may be obtained from the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Lewis County, West Virginia.
Entered by the Clerk of this Court this 5 day of January, 2012.
John, B. Hinzman, Circuit Clerk
Lewis County, West Virginia
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
2012 NEWS: JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
Home | Eyewitness News Newsroom | Storm Team Weather | Eyewitness Sports | Schedules
Send email to email@example.com for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2013, WCHS-TV8. Portions are
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.